Hospice Social Worker-Temporary Full-Time (November 2019-January 2020)
General Description:Hospice & Palliative Care is seeking an LMSW, MSW or Bachelor’s prepared Social Worker to temporarily join our interdisciplinary care team as a Hospice Social Worker. This is a great opportunity for someone new to the field or an experienced Social Worker who is seeking a temporary position to work with a caring team of professionals providing quality, compassionate, end-of-life care.
You will provide direct services to patients and caregivers in their homes, the Siegenthaler Center and various community facilities. Assess psychosocial needs, provide patient advocacy, individual, family and group counseling, conduct crisis intervention, discharge planning and community referrals.
- Education: Master of Social Work (MSW) degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education or a bachelor’s degree in social work
- License: New York State License (LMSW) preferred
- Experience: LMSW or MSW-One (1) year minimum social work experience in a healthcare setting preferred or bachelor’s degree in social work or counseling with five (5) years of experience
- Demonstrate strong assessment and counseling skills along with cultural sensitivity and a deep commitment to patient advocacy at the end of life
- Must have excellent organizational, communication and computer skills.
- Personal automobile, current driver’s license and insurance
- Ability to work Monday-Friday 8:00a.m. to 4:00p.m