What is A.I.M. Palliative Care?
A.I.M. Palliative Care is medical care focused on improving quality of life for patients and their families. A key emphasis is managing symptoms (nausea, sleep problems, depression/anxiety, pain, loss of appetite, shortness of breath) related to chronic illness and the treatments. A.I.M Palliative Care also focuses on improving planning and communication among the care team (patient, family and medical staff) and addressing emotional and spiritual needs.
Our mission is to help alleviate patient and family suffering and to promote patient quality of life through professional clinical consultation, and education.
Contributions to the work of the A.I.M. Palliative Care Program make a tremendous difference. Each tax-deductible gift is gratefully acknowledged and deeply appreciated.
Who Benefits from A.I.M. Palliative Care?
If you have a serious illness affecting your quality of life (CHF, COPD, end stage cardiac, ALS, cancer, MS, Parkinson’s and more) causing you significant discomfort, you have questions about your treatment plan, or you need additional support.
What can the A.I.M. Palliative Care team do for you?
- Treat your pain and symptoms such as nausea, fatigue, depression and anxiety
- Help you maintain the most comfortable, independent and active life possible
- Provide answers, assistance and emotional support to you and your family when making difficult medical decisions
- Help coordinate care and treatment with your doctors
- Identify support services to help you during and after your hospital stay
- Improved ability to carry on with your life
- Improved ability to tolerate medical treatment
- Better understanding of your medical condition and medical choices
When is the right time for A.I.M. Palliative Care?
A.I.M. Palliative Care helps during all stages of an illness. It is best introduced early, alongside curative treatment.
How can I get A.I.M. Palliative Care?
To begin A.I.M. Palliative Care, ask your doctor for a referral. We can help you whether you are in the hospital, at home or in a nursing home.
We can address these needs with an experienced team of specially trained physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, social workers, and spiritual care coordinator. This team works with your doctor to provide the best possible care.
For more information please contact us at:
Phone: (315) 735-6487 ext. 1048 | Fax: (315)735-8545
or Email us at: AIM@hospicecareinc.org