HOSPICE FINANCE (AP/AR) COORDINATOR-Full time
8:00 am-4:00 PM
- Prepare all claims through Medicare, Medicaid, Blue Cross, other third-party insurers and manage bills for nursing homes, hospitals and physicians. Review care plans and other billing related documents as required.
- Correct and adjust Medicare claims using Medicare processing software. Reviewing payment schedules from Medicare and report anticipated payments. Retrieval of files, adjustments and corrections from Medicare electronic system.
- Verify insurance coverage for each patient before admission notifying the social worker, admission nurse and Chief Finance Officer of any problems and maintain patient billing files.
- Maintain an insurance file on each type of payor for reference on coverage, contacts, special billing forms, and a copy of the current billing rate or contract.
- Send appropriate denial letters to vendors indicating reason(s) for non-payment by HPCI for various reasons. This may include research of appropriate medical terminology for medical procedures and diagnosis.
- Daily review of Accounts Receivable for collection. Determine administrative adjustments on patient accounts for the Chief Finance Officer to authorize.
- Review each account on the accounts receivable aging report and contact the payor on all claims over thirty days to determine status of claim and identify any problems and corrective action to take.
- Enter patient invoices into EMR and billing software systems. Process credit card transactions. Prepare bank deposits and assist with donation management.
- Prepare journal entries for the general ledger and help maintain all accounting, budget, insurance, contract and financial related records.
- Assist in maintaining the accounts payable system, matching purchase orders and invoices to ensure accuracy, and process in the accounts payable systems. Prepare checks for mailing and maintain files.
- Assist with bi-weekly payroll.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Education, Training & Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or business with a minimum of 3 to 5 years of Medicare/Medicaid billing with some accounting experience required.
- 100% Paid Single Health Insurance Plan that can also be applied to a Family Plan
- Dental and Vision Plans
- 8 Paid holidays a year
- 12 Paid sick days a year
- 14 Paid vacation days the first two years, 15 days start of the third year and 20 days after 9 years
- Free $20,000 Life Insurance Policy is offered after working full-time; for 90 days
- An employer sponsored retirement plan
HOSPICE LPN 12-HOUR FLOAT POSITION
8:00 am-8:00 PM, 3 days a week including every other weekend.
General Description: Must be familiar with major HPCI nursing issues and with overall HPCI philosophy. Must be able to relate well to terminally ill patients and their families. Teaches, counsels, delivers, and documents care to patients and families utilizing Hospice.
Education & Experience: Licensed practical nurse from an accredited nursing program. Preferred 2 years experience as a licensed practical nurse in hospice, palliative, home care, oncology, community health, or acute care.
Certification/Licensure: Possess license and current registration to practice in New York State as a Licensed Practical Nurse. Current CPR certification. Certification in Hospice and Palliative nursing preferred.
General Description: Weekdays 4p-8a and/or Weekends F-4p-M-8a. First point of contact for hospice nursing triage after hour calls. Identify immediate patient/ family needs with pain and symptom issues, equipment, medications. Direct on-call and homecare staff to make visits/ make RN intermittent visits as required.
Education & Experience: Minimum of 2 years experience as a registered professional nurse. Additional palliative care, home care, oncology or acute care experience preferred. Current driver’s license, reliable transportation and valid auto insurance required. Excellent working conditions/benefits/paid mileage.